Our animation team offers you pleasant entertainment for the night, come summer or winter. You may move from the Aprés Ski bar, located in front of the hotel, to Glocknerbar, where you can spend a leisurely evening with a glass of good wine in your hand, or as an active participant of our various programmes. We strive to ensure our guests have plenty of agreeable experience while staying in Heiligenblut. Here are a few examples as to what kind of leisure we offer our guests:
Glockner Lamb Festival
Finest culinary event already at the 16th time in Heiligenblut at the Grossglockner. Chefs from the Region Mölltal serve between September 8-9th, 2018 specialties of the local Glockner lamb.
Programm of the Festival:
Saturday, September 08th, 2018
- 10:00a.m. Enjoyment Tour with National Park Rangers. Lamb appetizers on the way.
- 12:00 a.m. Begin of the festivities and frame programs
- Entertainment with local musicians and the choir of Heiligenblut. Exhibitors show their products: like Turm-Wachau Winzer, Lavantaler Mostbarkeiten, Herbs of Irschen, Nuart Schafkäse, Fercher Honey Products, Grimmer Wood Turners, Kasereck Cheese
- 6:30 p.m. Dance and entertainment on the village square with Glockner musicians.
Sunday, September 09th, 2018
- 9:45 a.m. Invade of the village Trachtenband Heiligenblut, the associations and honorable guests to the festive service in the church.
- 11:00 a.m. Glockner lamb morning entertainment with the Thrachtband Heiligenblut
- 1:30 p.m. Dance and entertainment with the show band Glockner musicians.
*enjoyment Tour 10 EUR/Person
Guided Meadow and enjoyment tour in the National Park Hohe Tauern with Glockner lamb appetizers.
Torchlight hike with the hotel director
A one-hour walk to the Wolfgang Chapel located nearby, with our hotel director telling its story, while guests may ask whatever questions occur to them. Spirits served by the chapel and mulled wine and punch for children served on returning to the hotel help to warm up after the exercise.
Sleigh ride in the limelight
The Heiligenblut sleigh lane is within easy reach of the hotel on foot. Swooshing along on a sleigh in the night on the brightly lit lane is a special experience. Naturally, you can rent a sleigh in our hotel.
An hour with the Heiligenblut choir
Listen to local songs about Großglockner, and experience the mood of friendly pubbing!
The herb lady presents
Get familiar with the local herb lady’s herbs and spices, ointments and drinks. Natural solutions for minor health problems and pains.
Get to know Austrian and Hungarian wines, immerse in our hotel’s wine offering with the help of an expert explanation.
Trip to Briccius Chapel with the hotel director
Half-day hike to Briccius sightseeing tower, with our hotel director recounting the Briccius legend and all there is to know about Heiligenblut along the way. During the hike, we take a rest at a hütte and enjoy the enchanting view.
We set out for Hohe Wand Gasthof still in the dark. We take some breakfast and coffee along to consume while admiring the fabulous sunrise. The complete hike takes about three hours.